- To bring together Argo and other observations relevant to the study of the circulation and physical and biogeochemical properties of the ocean, and the scientists who use them. The meeting will include special sessions that focus on the Arctic and sub-polar North Atlantic, and open sessions on any aspect of oceanography related to Argo.
- To stimulate more research using Argo data, especially in combination with other data types and with models.
- To allow users to widen their experience of the European Argo community, to welcome young scientists into that community and encourage their use of Argo data.
- To further increase the visibility of Argo beyond its traditional use in physical oceanography and climate research.
- To provide an opportunity for users of Argo data to participate in discussions of Argo's future development within Europe and globally.
Special Session on High Latitudes
The meeting will include special sessions on the Arctic and sub-Polar North Atlantic, and also open sessions on any aspect of Argo science.
Brian King (Chair), Val Byfield, Hervé Claustre, Kjell Arne Mork, Elisaveta Peneva, Pierre-Marie Poulain, Marek Stawarz, Andreas Sterl, Virginie Thierry, Waldemar Walczowski. Contact details
Abstracts are invited on topics related to the workshop aims. Details of the call can be found HERE.